Women often think their risk for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) or Invasive Breast Cancer (IBC) is higher than real numbers show. This fear is often fed by new stories about research, and sometimes by their own doctors.
So, is DCIS breast cancer or not? This book combines the latest research with clear, practical information. We know how confusing it is after looking at different websites, books, and research results. Even though we state things plainly, many scientific resources ensure the accuracy of this book.
“Bravo! A comprehensive, easy to read and much-needed discussion about DCIS! A must read for breast cancer advocates, clinicians and those diagnosed with DCIS. It is a treasure trove of scientifically documented and resourced information. Spot on discussion about understanding “risk” (pages 34-36). Thank you for creating this very timely resource.”
Cheryl Jernigan, Breast cancer survivor/patient research advocate,
Susan G. Komen Advocate in Science
DCIS Dilemmas will help you:
- Make sense of breast diseases, including DCIS and breast cancer
- Learn about the risks of getting DCIS, or getting another DCIS or a future Invasive Breast Cancer
- Understand how DCIS is diagnosed
- Consider different types of DCIS treatments, including Active Surveillance
- Learn what research is doing about DCIS.
- A list of terms and more resources are also included to help you find more detailed information.
We hope this book offers useful information to help you make decisions about DCIS, and look forward to hearing how you use it!
- ISBN-13: 2940151131681
- Publisher: First Edition Design Publishing
- Publication date: 10/14/2015
- Author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/deborahcollyar